Westbrook Brewing Company Tasting on June 15
On Friday, June 15 at 5 p.m., we will be having a rollout party for Westbrook Brewing Company of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina!
Westbrook Brewing is one of the newest breweries to enter the Birmingham market and we are more than happy to welcome them into the pub. For this event, we will be tapping three of their seasonal offerings and pouring their two year around brews from cans (full list of the beers and their descriptions below). These brews will be offered by the glass or you can create your own sampler flight. Representatives from their distributor, International Wines, will be on hand to lead the tasting, discuss the brews being poured, and let you know what you can expect from Westbrook in the future. If that was not enough, they will have some cool swag to give away as well!
This is sure to be an awesome event, so come down to the pub to try some new beers from Westbrook Brewing this Friday! We hope to see you then!
- Vanilla Tree Dubbel – Vanilla Tree is a Belgian-style dubbel brewed with a variety of dark crystal malts and dark Belgian candi syrup. After fermentation, the beer is aged on whole vanilla beans and toasted oak chips. The result is a wonderfully smooth, malty ale with notes of dark fruit, spice, and (naturally) vanilla and oak!
- Covert Hops Extra Black Ale – Covert Hops is a crafty ale. Its stealthy dark appearance belies a light body and beguiling hop aroma from the loads of herbal, piney hops (4+ lbs per barrel to be exact) that melds exceedingly well with its deliciously devious roasty flavor.
- Single Hop: Pacific Jade Rye Pale Ale -Our single-hop rye pale ales are created to showcase the flavor and aroma characteristics of individual hop varieties. The grain recipe is kept the same; only the hop variety is changed from batch to batch. Pacific Jade is a relatively new hop from New Zealand that exhibits a bold citrus and black pepper aroma with a soft bitterness.
- IPA – A base of pale, Munich, and Carapils malts is just enough to contain the massive hop flavor and aroma packed into this highly drinkable IPA. A blend of four American hop varieties is added four times in the kettle and twice in the fermentor for a complex and layered hop experience.
- White Thai Witbier – This beer, inspired by the flavors of Southeast Asian cuisine, is a twist on the classic Belgian witbier style. Instead of the traditional coriander and orange peel spicing regimen, we add fresh lemongrass, ginger root, and a dash of Sorachi Ace hops. The result is a wonderfully refreshing ale with notes of lemon candy, citrus fruit, and a slight spiciness from the ginger.