Five Points South Oktoberfest, October 3
On Saturday, October 3rd from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., join us and five other neighborhood spots as we celebrate the 1st Annual Five Points South Oktoberfest!
The 1st Annual Five Points South Oktoberfest brings you all that is great about Oktoberfest to the city of Birmingham: great beer, delicious food, and endless entertainment! Six pubs and restaurants in the neighborhood are getting together to host an Oktoberfest crawl through Five Points, and you will even have the chance to win some concert tickets in the process! Here’s how it works:
- Pick up a tasting sheet at a participating location
- Visit all SIX participating locations: The J. Clyde, Black Market Bar & Grill, World of Beer, Mellow Mushroom, 5 Point Public House Oyster Bar, and DAVE’S Pub
- Each location has a featured beer, try all SIX featured beers
- Get your tasting sheet punched at each location
- Turn in your tasting sheet at the final location you visit
Thanks to Birmingham Mountain Radio, up for grabs are ONE pair of Alt J tickets (Oct. 8th at Oak Mountain) and ONE pair of tickets for The Lone Bellow (Oct. 23rd at Iron City). There will be TWO winners total chosen from the completed tasting sheets.
Each location will have a different assortment of food, brews and entertainment available for you to enjoy. Here is what we have planned to make sure you get to Fest in style at The J. Clyde:
- Featured Oktoberfest beer: Oktoberfest from Blue Pants Brewery $5.50 (**)
- We will also have over 10 other world-class Oktoberfest and Pumpkin beers available for you to enjoy
Oktoberfest Food Specials
- Schlachtteller (Slaughter Plate) – A platter of Weisswurst, Bratwurst, Pine Needle & Juniper Pork Tenderloin served with local Roasted Potatoes. $12
Fried Sauerkraut Balls – Sauerkraut, Cream Cheese, and Italian Sausage rolled in Panko, deep fried then served on a bed of Remoulade Slaw. $7
KaseSpatzle – Traditional Southern German Specialty Pasta with Wright Farm’s Red Hill Cheddar. $8
- For every Oktoberfest Food Special and Featured Oktoberfest Beer you order, you get a 3 oz. cup of our famous Fatso Pudding for FREE!
- WortSpiel – Match the German word with a picture
- Since it is a college football Saturday, both the Alabama and Auburn games will be playing on two TV’s on the back patio
The 1st Annual Five Points South Oktoberfest is guaranteed to be an amazing experience through our little area of Birmingham, and we are incredibly excited to be a part of this event on October 3rd! If by chance you cannot make it out on Saturday, fear not because we will be celebrating Oktoberfest at the pub all week long with a featured $10 flight of world-class Oktoberfest brews (available Monday 9/28 through Saturday 10/3). Whatever your schedule dictates, we have you covered. We cannot wait to see you all soon for a proper Oktoberfest celebration at The J. Clyde!