Belgian Independence Day Celebration Saturday, July 21
On July 21, 1831, Belgium celebrated its independence from the Dutch as Leopold I took his oath as the first King of Belgians. The people of the newly formed country raised many a glass of their fine beer in triumph that day and have each year since. We at The J. Clyde of course have a fond appreciation for Belgian beer culture and we ask that you join us on Saturday, July 21 for a day long celebration of Belgium’s Independence Day with plenty of fantastic offerings of Belgian beer and food.
For this celebration, we have loaded the tap wall with a plethora of amazing Belgian/Belgian style brews for your drinking pleasure. Here is the full list of draught offerings:
Belgian and Belgian Inspired Draught Beers
- Avondale Brewing Miss Fancy’s Tripel
- Avery Brewing Company Nineteen: Belgian Style Tripel
- Avery Brewing Company The Reverend Belgian Style Quadrupel
- Avery Brewing Company Salvation Belgian Style Golden Ale
- Brouwerij Boon Kriek Boon
- Blue Pants Brewery Slip Rose Strawberry Saison
- Chimay White/Tripel
- Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon Belgian Style IPA
- Brewery Ommegang Art of Darkness Belgian Strong Dark Ale
- Bosteels Brewery Pauwel Kwak
- Brouwerij Rodenbach Classic
- Brouwerij Rodenbach Grand Cru
- Sierra Nevada Ovila Dubbel
- Straight to Ale Brother Joseph’s Belgian Dubbel
- Brouwerij St. Bernardus Abt 12 Quadrupel
- Yellowhammer Brewing Chardonnay Barrel Aged Saison De La Chasse
- Yellowhammer Brewing White
In addition to the above list of draft offerings, we will have another 50 Belgian/Belgian style offerings available in bottles.
To pair with all that fantastic beer, we will have the following Belgian inspired food specials available Saturday evening:
- € 18 – Belgian Moules Frites: mussels in a spicy garlic and tomato broth served with crispy pommes frites.
- € 3.50 – Haricots Frites: local pole beans tempura fried and served with a bacon mayo dipping sauce.
As you can see, we have pulled out all the stops to ensure you have the greatest Belgian Independence Day celebration in the state. We hope you all can join us on July 21 to raise a glass to this fine country and one of the greatest brewing traditions in the world!