BBVA Compass Bowl Bash
On Saturday, January 5th, college football bowl season invades Birmingham’s Legion Field when Ole Miss and Pitt square off in the BBVA Compass Bowl. To make sure the fans of both teams feel at home in our great city, we at The J. Clyde and our friends in 5 Points South have a weekend filled with events starting on Thursday, January 3rd.
Beginning on Thursday and running through Saturday, we will be serving up some awesome beer specials and an extended menu especially for these festivities. In the beer department, you will be able to relax at the pub while enjoying $3 pints of the following beers from Lazy Magnolia of Kiln, MS and Yazoo Brewing Company of Nashville, TN (the owner is from Yazoo, MS):
- Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale
- Lazy Magnolia Jefferson Stout
- Lazy Magnolia Gulf Porter
- Yazoo Hefeweizen
- Yazoo Hop Project IPA
- Yazoo Sly Rye Porter
To pair up with these tasty brews, we will be adding the following in-house made tacos to our menu for your snacking pleasure:
- Pulled pork with pineapple salsa
- Braised beef with chimichurri sauce
Both of these specials will be available all three days (Thursday – Saturday) of the BBVA Compass Bowl weekend.
The party swings into full gear on Friday when 5 Points South turns into a Street Fest and Pep Rally for both teams and their fans. This free event is loaded with good times for all ages and the schedule goes as follows:
- 2 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Live music and dancing in the streets of 5 Points with High Valley
- 4:40 p.m. – Ultimate Fan Rib Eating Contest featuring Dreamland Bar-B-Que
- 5 p.m. – Pitt Panthers Pep Rally with Coach Chryst, Pitt players, cheerleaders, mascot, and band
- 5:30 p.m. – Ole Miss Rebels Pep Rally with Coach Freeze, Ole Miss players, cheerleaders, mascot, and band
- 6 p.m. – More live music with Chevy 6
- 8 p.m. – The festival ends but the party continues at The J Clyde and throughout 5 Points South for the rest of the night
The BBVA Compass Bowl kicks off at noon on Saturday, and we will be open early with the game playing on all screens. If you do not have tickets for the game but still want the VIP experience, you can reserve a table at the pub to ensure you and your friends a spot to watch the game while enjoying our extensive selection of craft beer, wine, cocktails and delicious grub. To arrange a table reservation, you can do so by calling 205.939.1312 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Worry not, the party continues all night at the pub as we keep the game day experience going well after the game ends.
Whether you are pulling for the Rebels or the Panthers, we hope you make The J. Clyde your headquarters for the BBVA Compass Bowl. This is going to be one amazing weekend for the city of Birmingham and 5 Points area, and we cannot wait to experience it with you. See you all then!