American Craft Beer Week: Wednesday, Thunder From Up Yunder
American Craft Beer Week rolls along to Wednesday, May 15th when we welcome the breweries of North Alabama to The J. Clyde for a tap takeover we have lovingly and deviously dubbed “Thunder from Up Yunder”!
Each year, The J. Clyde has enjoyed being a part of the national celebration that is American Craft Beer Week (ACBW), and we are confident that this year will be the best yet. ACBW will be recognized May 13-19, 2013 and offers an exciting opportunity for small and independent craft brewers and the community of better beer retailers to celebrate the ever advancing beer culture here in the U.S. Plus, tens of thousands of today’s beer beginners, beer enthusiasts, and hard core beer geeks make time to toast the week. Make sure to keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for details on the events we have planned for each day of ACBW at the pub.
You are now clearly warned. The brewers of North Alabama will invade Birmingham for our Wednesday installment of ACBW events. We are talking Back Forty Beer Company, Blue Pants Brewery, Straight to Ale, and Yellowhammer Brewing all in the same place with some of North Alabama’s best beers locked and loaded on the tap wall. Representatives from each brewery will be hanging out during the event to talk beer with attendees and to also break out some mind blowing swag for giveaways. This blitz from the brewers of the North cannot be resisted, so you might as well enjoy it.
In all seriousness, our North Alabama brewers are some of the greatest folks around, and we cannot wait for you to join us on Wednesday to experience their kindness and craft for yourself. Oh, and to drink all of this amazing beer of course:
**Old Black Bear could also make an appearance if any of their beers survive our ACBW Tuesday event**
- Back Forty Chilton County Peach Wheat
- Back Forty Freckle Belly IPA on the Randall (details to come)
- Back Forty Truck Stop Honey Brown on the Randall (details to come)
- Cask: Back Forty Naked Pig (details to come)
- Blue Pants Cream Ale
- Blue Pants Spare Pair Pale Ale
- Blue Pants Weedy’s Double IPA
- Straight to Ale He Ain’t Hefe
- Straight to Ale Monkeynaut IPA
- Straight to Ale Saison Du Roquette
- Straight to Ale Stop Work 689 Kolsch
- Yellowhammer Double Lost Highway Schwarzbier
- Yellowhammer Frankenhammer Belgian Strong Dark Ale
- Yellowhammer Hop Revival Imperial IPA
- Yellowhammer Rebellion Red Ale