American Craft Beer Week at the Pub Monday, May 14 – Saturday, May 19
Monday, May 14th will officially kick off American Craft Beer Week (ACBW), a seven day celebration of all things craft beer. Last year, all 50 states had official events throughout ACBW and this year should be no different.
You know The J. Clyde never passes up the chance to celebrate and promote craft beer in Birmingham, so we have a week’s worth of official ACBW events for you at the pub. Check them out:
Monday, May 14th
- We will have Back Forty Brewing Company’s Kudzu Porter on the Randall with a special treatment.
- A cask of Avery Brewing Company’s Out of Sight will be tapped. This is Avery’s Out of Bounds Stout with added coffee beans.
- Weekly special: Gravity Calling! Your first two high gravity, draught beers (over 6%) are just $5 each.
- We will be tapping a cask of Good People Brewing Company’s Coffee Oatmeal Stout with added Williamette hops, ancho chilies, vanilla beans, and cocoa nibs.
- Weekly special: IPA Day! All single IPAs on draft are half price.
- Pinnacle Imports will be at the pub holding a free craft beer tasting from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Glassware giveaway! Buy a draft beer offering from Avondale Brewing Company, Blue Pants Brewery, Good People Brewing Company, or Straight to Ale and you get to keep the pint glass. (while supplies last)
- Weekly Special: All Birmingham brewed draught beers are 50% off!
Friday, May 18th
- Terrapin Beer Company’s Rye Pale Ale will find its way through our Randall with a very special treatment.
- Also from Terrapin, we will be tapping a cask of their Monk’s Revenge Belgian-style India Pale Ale
Saturday, May 19th
- Glassware giveaway! Buy a Terrapin Hopsecutioner IPA and keep the glass! (while supplies last)
There you have it! There still might be a few surprises thrown in there for kicks, but this is the official plan for the week. We hope you all can make it for as many of these events as possible to help us prove that craft beer is America’s beverage of choice!